Throughout the Up & Forward Project we have trained local residents to become Recycling Ambassadors. Our recycling volunteers really helped to improve communication in the communities where they live. They were able to pass on their recycling knowledge to fellow neighbours, family and friends. Recycling Ambassadors worked with Up and Forward Campaign Officers and Local Council Officers to deliver a wide range of activities to encourage recycling and waste reduction in their community.
Our Recycling Ambassadors helped out with:
- Planning and running community events.
- Attending local community groups and schools to give advice on recycling and reducing waste.
- Assisting with doorstep surveys and focus groups to establish barriers to recycling.
Training, advice and support was given to our recycling volunteers to help them carry out these activities. Residents were able to meet new people, learn valuable skills and make a positive contribution to the community and the environment. All we asked is that they were enthusiastic about making a difference in their community.
Reward card for Recycling Volunteers
Once Ambassadors had completed a registration form, they received a reward card. A reward was earned when:
- ½ training completed – Goody bag (Ambassador T-shirt, Pen, Folder, Bag for Life)
- 1 hour volunteering completed – USB
- 3 hours volunteering completed – Entry into one off £30 prize draw
- 7 hours volunteering completed – Entry into one off £60 prize draw
Prize draws took place after the campaign end period.
All volunteering opportunities are now closed. If you would like more information on the recycling volunteer scheme please call Greater Manchester Waste Disposal Authority (GMWDA) on 0161 770 1700. Alternatively see our contact us page.